- Performance & Security
- Page Design & Layout
- Mobile Compatibility
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Site Analytics
- Social Media
- User Accounts
- Event Calendars
- Affiliate Marketing
Performance & Security
- Akismet Anti-Spam — blocks malicious content by checking comments and contact form submissions against a global database of spam.
- Jetpack by WordPress.com — tons of useful features. Highly recommended.
- Smush Image Compression and Optimisation — compresses images to help speed up your site
- Force Regenerate Thumbnails — refresh thumbnail images that aren’t updating.
- Disable All WordPress Updates — prevents unwanted changes when themes, plugins and core updates occur.
- WP Rollback — roll back any plugin or theme to a previous version. Because newer isn’t always better!
- Go Live Update URLS — replaces all instances of your old URL with the new one.
- Velvet Blues Update URLs — offers similar functionality to the above. Recommended by a lot of online sources.
- WP Broken Link Status Checker — identify all broken links on your site.
- Really Simple SSL — setup SSL on your website in one click (you will however need the SSL certificates setup by your host beforehand).
Page Design & Layout
- Elementor Page Builder — drag & drop page builder with many built-in features.
- Image Banner Widget — displays images with a title, link, and alternative text. No coding required.
- WordPress Popular Posts — shows a list of your most popular blog posts and/or pages.
- Links With Icons Widget — a simple widget to display links with icons alongside.
- Social Media Widget — show icons in the sidebar which link to your social media profiles.
- YouTube widget responsive — embed YouTube videos in your sidebar.
- amr shortcode any widget — insert widgets into a posts/page using a shortcode.
- Widget Options — show or hide widgets on specified pages & devices (and many other features).
- Ajax Search Lite — add a live search form to your site with filters (it’s used on this site).
- Menu Icons — add pretty icons to your navigation menus.
- Menu Items Visibility Control — set conditions for when certain menu items display (e.g. don’t display “home” on the home page).
- Gallery – A WordPress Modula Gallery — create image galleries in a few minutes.
- Master Slider – Responsive Touch Slider — free SEO friendly, image and video slider for all major devices.
- HTML5 Maps — a map depicts regions (countries, counties etc) which takes the user to a unique URL when clicked. Very simple, but works well.
- WP Google Maps — create custom Google Maps with high-quality markers containing locations, descriptions, images, and links.
- Super Progressive Web Apps — coverts your website into a mobile app, instantly!
- Disqus for WordPress — it has poor reviews, but I personally think it’s very neat.
- Comments – wpDiscuz — light-weight and reliable. Recommended if your site is subjected to unwanted ads from Disqus.
- Rich Reviews — show your ratings/reviews as rich snippets in SERPs.
- Contact Form 7 — simple functionality. Very popular plugin.
- WPForms Lite — drag & drop form builder. Equally as good as the above plugin.
Search Engine Optimisation
- Yoast SEO — write better content and full optimise your entire WordPress site.
- Google Analytics Dashboard for WP (GADWP) — displays your Google Analytics stats on the dashboard. Very quick to set up.
- Jetpack by WordPress.com — amongst many of Jetpack’s features, is the ability to show WordPress statics on your dashboard.
- Custom Twitter Feeds — display your Twitter feed on the website.
- Instagram Feed — display your Instagram feed on the website.
- WPUpper Share Buttons — enable your site visitors to share your content on all major social networks. Easy to customise.
Profile & Membership
- Ultimate Member — users can sign-up and become member of your website. User profiles and other social media elements (e.g. friend requests, newsfeeds, private messaging) are supported.
- WooCommerce — the main shopping cart plugin for WordPress. Highly configurable.
- Booster for WooCommerce — makes up many of WooCommerce’s inadequacies. Tons of features.
- WooCommerce External Product New Tab — opens all affiliate product links in a new tab (so no more leaving your website).
- WP Product Feed Manager — creates a product XML feed in the correct format for Google merchant.
- WooCommerce Email Test — lets you receive test emails sent out via WooCommerce (e.g. order confirmations sent to customers).
- WooCommerce Menu Cart — displays a shopping cart in your menu bar.
- WooCommerce PayPal Checkout Gateway — enables WooCommerce to accept all popular payment types, processed through PayPal (Including Visa, Mastercard etc).
- WooCommerce Variation Swatches — configure product variations to show up on your product listings.
- Amazon Link Engine — automatically localise and affiliate Amazon product links (i.e. send users to the correct Amazon site for their country).
- Events Manager — list upcoming events with Google map integration, booking management, and calendar functionality. Requires customisation using shortcodes and HTML (PHP in some cases).
- MailChimp for WordPress — connect your site to your MailChimp account in seconds.
- Mailchimp Forms by Optin Cat — create Mailchimp sign-up widgets & forms in minutes.
- Duplicate Page — duplicate posts, pages and custom posts in one click (no, WordPress doesn’t already do this as standard).
- Scroll to Anchor — jump to any section of the page, with a smooth scrolling animation.
- Perfect Pullquotes — display striking quotes in your posts (looks much better than the standard ones).
- Simple Tooltips — easily add tooltips to your pages and posts.
- Collapse-O-Matic — will wrap any content, including other shortcodes, into a jQuery expanding and collapsing div.
- Accordions — fully responsive, mobile ready grids.
- WordPress Charts and Graphs Lite — create and embed interactive charts & tables into your site.
- Pretty Links — create, short custom links using your own domain name.
- External Links — process outgoing links differently to internal links (e.g. they open in new tab)
Coming Soon Page
- Coming Soon Page & Maintenance Mode — quickly set up a great looking coming soon/under maintenance page.
- Insert PHP Code Snippet — create PHP code and execute it from any post/page on your site.
Head & Footer
- Head & Footer Code — add site-wide and/or article specific custom code before the </head> or </body>
- Redirection — easily create 301 redirects, and keep track of 404 errors.
XML & CSV
- WP All Import — makes complicated import tasks simple and fast. You can import any XML or CSV file.